Thirteen Reasons I Quilt
1. I like to fondle fabric.
2. It makes me “loose myself” in the project.
3. I create something beautiful.
4. I can give a gift that is homemade.
5. Gives me something to do with all the fabric I buy.
6. When I finish a quilt I feel I can buy more fabric.
7. I like to cut the fabric into smaller pieces, just to sew them back together again.
8. I love to snuggle under a quilt that I have made.
9. I love to see my kids under quilts I have made.
10. I love to use technical terms around my husband to see him squirm to figure out what they are.
11. It is great to hear “Mom, that is beautiful” when I am working on something new.
12. I love to see what everyone has made at guild show-n-tell and on other’s blogs to give me ideas for future projects.
13. My grandmother and my mother both quilted and I feel more connected to them since they have passed.