Today I worked on my Designer Myster 2009 blocks from The Fat Quarter Shop. I dug out my completed blocks, blocks that were still in the kits that came from the store. I ascertained what I needed to do. I had NO clue as to where I left of on this project.
Completed Blocks: 9 – Months One through Nine
Blocks in Kit form: 2 – Months Eleven and Twelve.
Utoh! Month 10 is missing. From my recollection this was a very difficult block. I don’t even know what I did with the kit for it. I found some started pieces, but no clue as to where the rest was – even the directions. A quick call to the store and they are going to send me out a new block.
It took me the good part of the day to complete two of these blocks, so here they are:
I even found my instructions to block ten. That one will be saved for another day because it is a real bugger!
Tomorrow, unless a miracle happens, I won’t get to sew at all. I have guild stuff to do, I have to get my car safety inspected, and I have to go grocery shopping.
Last week I started a new thing, Monday Milestones. I think instead of monthly goals, I need to have a few weekly goals.
The first week went well. Out of the four goals I set for myself, I accomplished 3.
To recap, my goals for last week were:
1. Finish quilting my “Pumped Pumpkins” quilt. I not only finished quilting it, I got it mostly bound too. I have one long side to go.
2. Work on my Chinese Lanterns Quilt. I did not get to work on these at all.
3. Complete my Heartland Heritage Blocks. Not only did I get the four blocks done that I needed to finish, I got the top almost put together.
4. Organize my sewing room. I woke up really early on Friday morning (2:30am) and couldn’t go back to sleep. I decided instead of watching TV or surfing the internet, I would clean my room. I got it all nice and cleaned (minus vacuuming because it was still too early and my family was asleep).
This week’s goals:
1. Complete Hartland Heritage top.
2. Finish binding Pumped Pumpkins
3. Quilt Friendship Braid
4. Finish the 3 blocks for the Designer Mystery 2009.
5. Make charmed tote.
I spent all day working on this top. It is still not done, I have the inner and outer borders to do.
I decided to forgo the pieced cornerstones, so I can just mark it off my list.
A while back, I joined the Heartland Heritage Block of the month from The Fat Quarter Shop. I received a block kit a month and while I started out good, it quickly went by the wayside and I just put the blocks away when I got them.
For the last few months, when I went to “The Tuesday Bee”, I would cut the blocks out so that when I had a few minutes to sew, I wouldn’t have to worry about cutting first.
Today I decided that I would finally get the blocks done. I had four to sew; blocks 3, 5, 8 and 11.
Here are all the blocks:
One of my goals this week was to quilt my “Pumped Pumpkins” wall hanging.
I managed to get some of it quilted during my last bee, but had to stop when I didn’t bring one color of thread for the outside border.
I finished quilting it today.
Here is a sneak peak until it is bound, hopefully by the end of the weekend.