I must be crazy…

I have always wanted to do a “Blooming 9 Patch” Quilt.

I was messing around on eq7 tonight and came up with this:

9patch

Wouldn’t this look lovely in hand-dyes?

I showed it to my husband.  He said – “yep.  it would look lovely in about 5 years when you are finished…”

he is so true.

Did I mention it will be king size.  with 3” finished blocks?

Maybe I will buy the PFD for myself for Christmas and start on it in the new year.

About Kim

I am a mom of two that now resides in San Antonio area. I moved from Hawaii a year ago. I am a full-time student that works part time at the college I attend as a work-study. When I have time, I quilt, make jewelry, and now craft with my new silhouette cameo cutter.
This entry was posted in Fabric Dyeing, New Projects and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I must be crazy…

1. Toni says:

Yep, you have gone off the deep end!! LOL I like the style of the blooming 9 patch, but never seen one that really looks “good”. Now this would be striking done in hand dyes…but the 1 1/2″ blocks to make 3″ patches would be a bit batty :) Good luck!

2. Jackie says:

Yes, that would be wonderful in hand dyes!! But I think that I would be much like your husband states. It would definitely take me that long especially if I was dying my own fabric.

3. Jenni says:

Wow! That would take me eons, but it would be gorgeous! I wish I had the time to take on something like that, good luck if you do;)

• Kim says:

Jenni – I think I will give myself a deadline to have it done and quilted before we move from Hawaii in just under three years.

4. barbara says:

Batiks would look good as well… what a lovely design,

• Kim says:

Barbara – yes, batik would look nice as well. But since I am fascinated with hand-dyes lately, I want to use hand-dyes that I do myself.

5. Tazzie says:

Kim, it’s just lovely, definitely a must make!
    *hugs*