My hubby just got back from two weeks on the mainland for work and he brought me back ssome quilt magazines. He was in a bookstore there and took the time to photograph probably about 30 magazines and text them to me (good thing we have unlimited media texts!) – to see which ones I wanted him to buy and bring back to me. I chose the ones below – I tried not to get too many – he did have a weight limit for his bags.
This one below, he picked up without even asking me because he thought the cover quilt looked cool.
I have the best hubby in the world!
Ahem. I missed last week’s milestones report. I was too pooped from retreat and Halloween that I forgot it was Monday, much less remembered to post.
So, without further adieux:
Last week’s Two Weeks ago’s goals
- Pack for retreat Done! I packed for retreat and only forgot one thing: my personal iron – not bad I think!
- Work on Hand-Dyed pineapples Done! I got all the wonky flying geese portions and all the tops of the pineapples done. I am starting to put them together.
- Work on Batik Pineapples I picked out background fabrics for them, does this count?
- Make some treat bags Done! I made fourteen mini treat bags and filled them with candy for my retreat mates.
- Work on Simply Sophisticated Nope.
- Work on 2009 Designer Mystery Not this one either.
- Work on Lantern Quilt I actually completed most of the top for this one; I still have to add one more border for this one.
All this was done during the retreat, except finishing the tops of the hand-dyed pineapples and putting a few of them together.
This Week’s goals
1. Finish Hand-dyed pineapple top.
2. Work on Simply Sophisticated.