I just finished a new project, one I have been working on for two days. It was very easy, but very labor-intensive and detail oriented.
It is the miPad case from http://www.byannie.com/. She even had a step-by-step video tutorial for it. I only used it for a couple of steps, but it was very nice to be able to get clarification before doing the step since I am a visual person.
Behind the honu (turtles) is done with texture magic. It has soft-and-stable inside, which I really loved working with until there was about 10 layers of things to sew through… but since it was close to the last step, and she advised to go slow and have a titanium needle in there, it was fine – I also used my walking foot.
The strap was an adjustable one. I did have to watch the video a couple of times to figure it out, but once I did, I felt like an idiot.
Here are more photos of the bag:
The back side of the bag with a zipper (I have NEVER put in a zipper before). It also shows the bottom of the bag.
The inside of the bag with the zipper. The seams are enclosed with a neat step.
The top of the bag. This zipper was a bit tricky, but with her video tutorial, I took it step-by-step and it was fine.
The inside of the bag. It has a pocket. I almost didn’t put it in there, but that would be a nice place to keep my cord and possibly the power outlet.
This is the photo with my iPad in there. It is roomy, but I could get my nook in here too.
All-in-all I am very happy with this bag. I probably could have been done with it in a day but I only worked on it when the kids were in school and I got a late start and they had a short day.
I can’t wait to work on my other projects with this fabric that I am doing!