I completed my February UFO late last week, with plenty of time to spare. I just got a photo of it completed today though.
The original pattern looks like this:
I had to change my version of course.
I had fun quilting it. I did a medium-is stipple around the pineapples. In the green sashing, I did a crossing line/square/triangle meander. It was actually nice to do something that was different than a meander. I tried to be as strait as I could, but if there was a wobble or a rounded corner I didn’t worry too much. In the piano key border it was a free-form cross-hatch-like quilting. Again, I was focusing on having fun rather than perfection.
I think right now, instead of perfection, I am going to focus on finishing the quilts and just having fun with the designs.