Tsunami Quilts– And it Still Continues

(pt 5)

I was running out of ideas for simpler blocks.

Back to Pinterest.  I had pinned a block that I wanted to try.  It looked simple.  I drafted it into EQ to get the size I needed.

I made one block and discovered I could get one block out of 4” of two different fabrics.  So I made a few of these – they were fast, simple, and looked great.


I think that I could have made the rest of them like this… but it felt like “cheating” to me by making multiples of one block.  Don’t ask me what I was thinking.  I only made five total.


Another pinterest pinned block I drafted:


I loved doing this one.  The problem with this one was I didn’t have a lot of fabrics that coordinated 5 different prints/solids.  I would have made more of these.


Another pinterest pinned block I did was this one:


I drafted it at 7” because I thought it would be easier than figuring out what would fit a 12” block.  I added borders and called it done.  I would have made more of these, but again, I didn’t have the fabrics in three values of a color.

This brings my total up to 43.  7 more to get to 50.  I was seriously running out of ideas for blocks…