May UFO – Star Crazy

Here is my May UFO, Star Crazy

I started it last year and completed the top within a month. It was a quilt that twelve or so of us bought on sale from Superior Threads.

I over-dyed the backing fabric. It is the same white-on-white on the front, that I over-dyed shades of green. The next time I dye a backing though, I will piece the back before I dye it so that the seam lines are not as noticeable.

I quilted this on my Janome 6600 in Lime Green Masterpiece thread. The quilt is about 85″ square.

About Kim

I am a mom of two that now resides in San Antonio area. I moved from Hawaii a year ago. I am a full-time student that works part time at the college I attend as a work-study. When I have time, I quilt, make jewelry, and now craft with my new silhouette cameo cutter.
This entry was posted in 2012 UFO Challenge, Completed, Fabric Dyeing and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to May UFO – Star Crazy

1. It’s fabulous! Love both sides!

2. Katie says:

I’m impressed that you completed such a complex top in just a month! It’s beautiful and I love that you dyed your own backing. Such a nice personal touch. Congrats on finishing!

• Kim says:

Actually, All I had to do was quilt and bind it. It was already pieced and sandwiched (Since November of last year) – so it wasn’t that much to do. But thank you anywyay.

3. Lynda in UK says:

This quilt is gorgeous! I love the colour choices, the pattern and the quilting! Bet it was really fun to make!

• Kim says:

Lynda – Thank you. It was fun to make. There was 10 of us in my bee that were/are making them. Only two are completed (quilted too) and one more that has the top completed.

4. Sarah N says:

Love this quilt! I especially like the backing. I have dyed my own fabric – but have never tried over-dying anything. Maybe I should try that this summer!

Congrats on the finish!

• Kim says:

Thank you Sarah! I would suggest when you over-dye, that you pre-wash the fabric to remove any sizing. Trust me, it will be much better that way!

5. Kathy says:

That’s spectacular! I always love star quilts, and this one’s pretty and bright. Great idea for the backing too!

Comments are closed.