Another finished top – I am on a roll!
This top was my “January UFO” for Nancy’s UFO Challenge. It has been sandwiched since then, but until recently, I didn’t know how I wanted to quilt it.
I drafted some arcs in EQ and printed them out. I then used “Golden Needles” paper and made a template by sewing along the lines with my machine unthreaded. I then used my quilter’s pounce to mark each block as I quilted them.
I am happy to finally get this quilt done!
Since most of what I have been working on, I can’t talk about yet (super-secret projects) – my blog has been quiet. There are a few things that I have done that I can show, but without someone to hold the quilts that is taller than 4’5” , it is hard to post pictures of those tops that I finished recently. I am hoping to get some photos tomorrow night at guild.
Today I finally broke into the bolt of batting I bought in February. I cut batting for several quilts that have been waiting.
From the top down:
Giddy With Change – A new quilt
Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend – Nancy’s March UFO Challenge Quilt
Red, White, and Bold – Nancy’s February UFO Challenge Quilt
Batik Pop – Nancy’s April UFO Challenge Quilt
Awesome – A new quilt
Autumn Star Struck – Judy’s March UFO Challenge Quilt
Bento Box – Nancy’s January UFO Challenge Quilt.
Nancy pulled her number early! She pulled number three!
For me, it is my Bento Box Quilt
It does pose a little bit of a problem since I don’t have any backing fabric. So I guess I will start looking for some.
This quilt top was completed in October 2006. It is still currently not quilted. It is not like a traditional bento box in the fact I changed the layout.