May UFO – Star Crazy

Here is my May UFO, Star Crazy

I started it last year and completed the top within a month. It was a quilt that twelve or so of us bought on sale from Superior Threads.

I over-dyed the backing fabric. It is the same white-on-white on the front, that I over-dyed shades of green. The next time I dye a backing though, I will piece the back before I dye it so that the seam lines are not as noticeable.

I quilted this on my Janome 6600 in Lime Green Masterpiece thread. The quilt is about 85″ square.

April & May UFO Challenge

April has come and gone, and it was the first month, I didn’t complete my goals for the challenge.  I did manage to piece the backing, sandwich the quilt and also quilt it.  It didn’t get bound.  That is on my list of things to do this weekend – maybe.

Why haven’t I done it?  After I sandwiched the four tops last week, I quilted three of them, including Sparkling Gemstones, which was my UFO for April.  While I had the tables set up, I had decided I would quilt all six tops I had sandwiched – which are: Sparkling Gemstones, Bali Pop Quilt, Summer Day, Autumn Star Struck, Star Crazy, and Paris in the Fall.  So I will be quilting all of them and putting binding on all of them while the extra table is set up in my sewing room.

Currently, Star Crazy, is under the needle; May’s UFO.

Star Crazy

This is another of the tops that I completed while on blogging hiatus.

CIMG0488

This was a kit that I bought in March.  In all things considered, it didn’t take that long to make.  I started making the blocks in June.  It took me a week to make all the blocks and extra half-square triangles.  It then sat for a few months. 

This was really easy to put together.  It went together well because all of the half-square-triangles were made when the blocks were made.

Another Un-intended Hiatus

I am such a bad blogger.  I can’t seem to blog with regularity anymore.  The last you heard I had made my awesome miPad case.  I also made a coordinating cell phone/camera case (no photos yet).  Shortly after, my laptop was giving me fits, so I had to send it in.

During that time I completed 3 new tops.  They were already started (as in the blocks were done) and all I had to do was put them together.  I also quilted two quilts.  And bound them.  By hand.  Yep.  I got a lot done.  No photos of the quilts yet though.

Last Saturday, I cut batting for probably about 15 tops. With the intentions of getting as many sandwiched as I could with my gross (1,444) of pins.  I will probably order another two gross of pins soon – you can never have too many pins.

Then I threw my back out.  It still is not feeling its best.  It hurts if I move certain ways or too quickly.  I am just resting a lot.  I wish I had something to bind by hand because there are only so many reruns of NCIS or CSI you can watch in a day.

So instead of complaining about my back, I am going to post a teaser of the tops I got completed (plus one I never got a photo of).

Flurry:CIMG0486

Paris in the Fall:CIMG0487

Star Crazy:CIMG0488

Tomorrow’s Heirlooms:CIMG0489

So look for the posts in the next few days.  Yes, they will be there because they will be auto-posted.